by Heather Pitre, WHF Events and Communications Specialist
We're back. It's a new year, and it's time once again to make resolutions, try new things, set goals, and participate in our New Year's Resolution Challenge. It's the same fun, free way to log miles and get healthy. Go to our website and log in as a Champion to participate. Any kind of physical activity counts: workouts at the gym, running, walking, yoga, even cleaning up the house after the holidays. Get some credit for the great work you're doing to improve your health, and to help make Washington the healthiest state in the nation.
Here are a few other great events coming up in our community, and online:
CityClub Legislative Preview - January 6, 2012
Westin Hotel, 1900 Fifth Avenue, Seattle
Registration: 11:30 a.m. | Luncheon & Program: 12:15 – 1:30 p.m. Click here to register.
Luncheon: $40/CityClub Members, $45/Guests of CityClub members and Members of co-presenting organizations, $50/General Public.
Coffee & Dessert only: $12 CityClub Members, $15/Guests of CityClub members and Members of co-presenting organizations, $18/General Public.
- Senator Lisa Brown, Majority Leader (D), 3rd Legislative District
- Rep. Frank Chopp, Speaker of the House (D), 43rd Legislative District (invited)
- Senator Mike Hewitt, Republican Leader (R), 16th Legislative District
- Rep. Richard DeBolt, House Republican Leader (R), 20th Legislative District
- Austin Jenkins, Olympia Correspondent, Public Radio Northwest News Network
- Essex Porter, Reporter, KIRO-7 Eyewitness News
"Healthy People Live in Healthy Places" - A Three Part Web Forum Series on Designing Public-Private Partnerships to Promote Healthier Communities.
Thursday, January 19 - 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. Click here to register.